Understanding the protection and provision of the Lord in Psalm 23 gives us a picture of 7 other names for God. Meditate on these throughout your day
1. “The Lord is my Shepherd”
– Jehovah Rohi (The Lord is my Shepherd and my Guide) – “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will GUIDE you into all truth” John 16:13.
2. “I shall not want”
– Jehovah Jireh (The Lord is my Provider, so I do not want; He supplies all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus, Philippians 4:19)
3. “He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters”
– Jehovah Shalom (The Lord is my Peace — my calm in the midst of a storm) – “Now may the God of PEACE Himself sanctify you completely” 1 Thess. 5:23.
4. “He restores my soul”
– Jehovah Rapha (He is my Healer) – “And by His stripes we are healed” 1 Peter 2:24 (and Isaiah 53:5)
5. “He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake”
– Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord is my Righteousness; in Him I have
right standing with God) “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin
for us, that we might become the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in Him” 1
6. “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me”
– Jehovah Shammah (“The Lord is There”; He is our Ever-Present God)
– “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’” Hebrews 13:5.
7. “Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies”
– Jehovah Nissi (“The Lord is my Banner,” my standard, He covers me) – “When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD will lift up a STANDARD against him” Isaiah 59:19.
“You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Amen!